Commercial and documentary observational photography. Based in Auckland, New Zealand. Check out the links below or head along to my commercial site.

Cuba Street Carnival: Saturday Night

Saturday's main event was the night parade. Before things got started, I took a photo tour around the preparation area, on the hunt for a few unusual compositions. The light was disappearing, so my resolution to shoot the whole thing without a flash took a bit of a beating...


1 - I'm reminded of the subservient chicken, but of course this is a seagull


2 - one of the bodyfx models ready to parade


3 - strike a pose!


4 - somewhere out there... is a very cold bird...


5


6 - the parade got under way, I positioned myself on the pedestrian island on the corner of Cambridge Terrace and Courtney Place. A perfect spot, as it turned out... I tried all sorts of flash + long exposure combinations in a heroic attempt to show mood, movement, and energy...


7 - leading the band...


8 - NZ Army drummers, making a lot of noise...


9 - a little tank


10


11


12 - Brazilian dancers previously featured during the afternoon


13


14


15


16


17


18


19


20 - Wellington Airport fire fighters... and a lot of foam...


21


22